Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Colorado Dreaming 2010

Last week my brother Chip and I flew out to Colorado Springs for a five day stay. What an incredible place! I was glad to be able to share with him the beauty of the area. It's drawn me back several times, and this is the second year in a row I've gone there for a short vacation. We toured the usual places-- Pike's Peak, Royal Gorge, Seven Falls, the Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods (my fav), the Broadmoor Hotel and the U.S. Olympic Training Center. We also went hiking in the mountains behind the Academy, went bowling in Lone Tree, and sang karaoke at a bar I found on the internet. All in all we had a great time. The getaway was good for him, as he's been through a stressful time. It was good for me as well as I am greatly inspired by God's creation. For those of you (of my many readers, i.e. me) who have not been there, go! You'd love it. The photo was taken on a trail behind Helen Hunt (not the actress) Falls, in North Cheyenne Canyon.

No comments: