Monday, October 05, 2009

Exciting Times

So much going on! The Twins, the Little Team That Could, have done it again! I had totally written them off after Justin Morneau (and Joe Crede) broke down, and we were six games out. And then the very improable happened. They caught fire. And how! So we're down to one game to see who gets to take on (and probably get crushed by) the hated Yankees. Last year we had to play at Chicago, despite beating them more than they beat us, because the location was determined by a coin flip. Recognizing that this rule was ridiculous, the league changed the rule to give the advantage to the team that beat the other more. The Twins had the Tigers eating their lunch during the regular season, so the Twins get the home field advantage. Will that be enough? I think the Twins will win. But they've got to do a better job of protecting early leads.

The Vikings are playing the Packers as I write this. It's 7-7 in the second quarter. So far, Aaron Rogers is looking good, except he's mistake-prone. Favre is being reined in by Childress, it seems. I'm not sure how this will turn out, based on what I'm seeing. I'm inclined to think the Vikes will pull it out by a touchdown.

Now the big news! I received an offer on my home this evening and accepted it. The closing is set for November 30. Now I've got to find a place to live. And fast. That could be a big challenge, actually. I need to time things right so I can take the cash I get from the sale and apply it to the purchase. I'm relieved to be free of the responsibility of maintaining such a large home and yard. I'm going to get a townhouse or condo where someone else can do it!

If any of my thousands of readers know of any good deals out there, drop me a line.

No comments: